[MR] BBC: "What's It Like to Live in a Castle?"

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 03:01:47 PDT 2019

Noble Friends,

Probably most Scadians have contemplated what it might be like to live in
castle. Castles being hard to come by in this day and age, and ruinously
expensive to build and run, few of us will ever achieve that dream. This
BBC story explores this question with three examples from Great Britain:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-48949433 .

And just in case you were wondering where to find a castle (not necessarily
for sale), try my web page on castles and other period-ish places in
Virginia. This is a work in progress, and I hope to add more photos, but
getting to some of these places is difficult:
http://isenfir.atlantia.sca.org/artsandsciences/files/CASTLES%20IN%20ATLANTIA.pdf
(sorry, but this page is a large PDF and painfully slow to load). I hope to
add Swananoa to the list, a 16th century-style Italian Renaissance villa
which is open to the public.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆