[MR] BBC: More on Blanche Parry,

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 02:46:04 PDT 2019

Noble Friends,

With yesterday's post on Queen Elizabeth's last known gown, I completely
overlooked a link to a previous story about Blanche Parry, the Queen's
companion and life-long attendant. Thanks to my Lady Sarah Sinclair for
noticing this.

Although by the Queen's side for many years, Blanche was never the less in
Her Majesty's shadow, and his until recently been overlooked by historians.
More about Blanche can be found at
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-42805908 .

Blanche also has an interesting Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanche_Parry .

For more information, including links to a full biography of Blanch Parry,
see http://www.blancheparry.com .

Blanche was buried in St. Margaret's, Westminster Abbey. Views of her
monument there can be seen at
https://www.westminster-abbey.org/abbey-commemorations/commemorations/blanche-parry
. This site says her heart, or maybe other entrails, was buried in St.
Faith's Church, Bacton, Herfordshire, although other sources say her
impressive tomb there was unused (see the Wikipedia article for a photo of
the tomb).

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆