[MR] development of the medieval mitre

snspies at aol.com snspies at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 06:49:02 PST 2018

Does anyone in the barony have a good collection of art books -- on illuminated manuscripts, any type of art like carving, stone work, etc. -- that they would allow me to browse through?  I am working on documenting the development of the mitre from about 1070 to ca. 1200 and would like to find as many examples as possible to make the survey meaningful.

Examples I have already found are from illuminations, seals, coins, funeral steles, church sculpture, to name a few sources.  The period covered is basically Romanesque.

Thank you.  I am looking at later this spring to do this.

Ingvild Josefsdatter, OL
Nancy Spies