[MR] BBC: Castle on St. Michael's Mount

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed May 25 01:45:06 PDT 2016

Noble Friends,

We all love castles, and castles on islands are special. In a Cornish
bay one can visit St. Michael's Mount with its castle. It is remarkably
similar to Mount Saint Michael in France, but smaller. Today BBC is
offering a photo tour which includes views of the castle:
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20160523-a-medieval-castle-that-floats .

For more on St. Michael's Mount, here is a Wikipedia story:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Michael%27s_Mount . The island was once
home to an anchorite who apparently died forgotten in his cell:
http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/myths-legends/marazion.htm .

Lady Sarah and I planned to see the island and its castle on our first
trip to England. We did, but only from a distance. When we arrived at
Marazion, it was in the aftermath of a terrible storm that raked
Cornwall and did all sorts of damage. We could only look across the
raging water to the island. (Sigh!)

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, That Crazy Scot