[MR] Free online period cooking class

Shannon Keys via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu May 26 17:32:21 PDT 2016

Greetings from one of your friendly neighborhood MOAS deputies!!  If you
are not on Facebook, you may have missed this opportunity for a free online
course from the University of Reading:  Just a reminder about the upcoming
online course (June 20) on A History of Royal Food and Feasting, jointly
provided by Reading University and Historic Royal Palaces:(
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/royal-food/1)
Currently at least 75 SCAdians have signed up for the course and will learn
about Henry VIII at Hampton Court, Elizabeth I at the Tower of London,
George I at Hampton Court, George III at Kew Palace. and Victoria at
Kensington Palace. The course is 5 weeks long and takes about 3 hours per
week. You'll be invited to try making some of the recipes from these
various eras. If you haven't signed up, consider doing so, but in any case,
please pass the word along to your friends as well as your kingdom's social
media. There are no tests!

Have fun, Cook stuff!
Lady Meadhbh inghean Thaidgh ui Dohmnaill / Lady Mizuno Sakami