[MR] A Hearty Thank You !!

Karen Whitlock via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Feb 15 12:43:39 PST 2016

Greetings All,

Saturday, February 13th, A.S. L, I had the happy honor to autocrat the “Celts, Kilts and Clans” Baronial Birthday event for Bright Hills.  Despite the severe cold, biting winds and Friday night snow fall many hardy souls ventured forth to join us in celebrating.  I’m not sure who drove the furthest but one Merchant did make her way from Virginia Beach, VA.  It was, despite the weather, a most pleasant event.

A number of compliments have been given on the event and I thank those who shared their feelings - however, an event is always a team effort and I had an awesome team that brought it all together.  Allow me to showcase them, if you will.  Many are old timers who’ve worked with me for decades, others are brand spanking new!   So, in no particular order, they are;

Baroness Barbara, Keeper of the gate
Lord Alexander Fowler, Mol and deputy keeper of the gate
Lady Clara, most helpful Exchequer.
Lady Deirdre O’Bardon – Head Cook
Baroness Cordelia, Baroness Bec, Baroness Wynne, Dame Olwen, Lord Raven, Lord Llywelyn, Mistress Brienna, Mistress Anne of Hatfield, Lord Morton, Lady Nem, Lord Ed the Tinker, Lady Elizabeth, Lord Khalid, Kate Johnson, Lady Sindara, Joseph, Mistress Margharita, Meisterin Johanna, Lord Wyn, Lord Randver and Baron Kollack – acting together throughout the day to cook, prep, clean, scrub and make both the feast and post feast clean up go smoothly and quickly.
Lord Barre fitzRobert, Master of the Hall
Lady Greer, Server for High table and our other servers whose names I did not discover. Mea Culpa.
Lady Reyne, A & S contests and displays and her helpers, Lady Deirdre A & S - champion, Lady Nem - Brewing champion, Lady Katarzyna -Poeta Atlantia and Lady Faye who led the Bardic Bear Pit
Lady Katarzyna, Keeper of the youth activities and youth classes
Lady Rebekkah for the Quilling class for Youth
Baron Heinrich for the Courtesy and Customs of the SCA class
Lady Livia for The Sekunjabin Tavern, The Bright Hills History display and acting as Merchant coordinator
Lord Cairrell for assisting Lady Livia and jumping in where ever he saw a need.
Lady Nem and the Equestrians for the tasty lunch.
Lord Dagfinnr, Lord Alexander and Lord Godai who stood ready to handle martial activities but were spared from this task by common sense and bitter cold temps.
Lord Janyn for putting up with my numerous corrections and updates to the announcement on the Baronial website.
Lady Wynne, Lord Wyn, Lady Beatrice, Lady Alexandra, our heralds
Lady Daniela, Lady Aemelia and fellow scribes for their work on SO MANY scrolls.  Beautiful works to enjoy!
Lord Wrad of Ce for his help as registrar, proof reader and patience as this event grew and came to fruition.
Lord Godai, Lord Wrad, Lord Dagfinnr, Baron Kollack, and many others who cleaned the hall and kitchen and put the site to rights.

To those who helped in any way,  Forgive me if I missed you. Remind me of your help so I can add you to my list of amazing staff and helpers.  I could not have done it without you.

I’d also like to thank our intrepid Merchants for making their way to us through much wind, cold and drifting snows.  The goods from Ways of Olde, Gryphon Woodworking, Miriam’s Yarn and Fibers and Hobbitronics also added to the enjoyment of the event.

Most humble Thanks to all,

Chagan Khulan, Baghsi
Autocrat, “Celts, Kilts & Clans”, Bright Hills Baronial Birthday.

.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10