[MR] Wikipedia: Death of Bad King John

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Oct 19 02:01:50 PDT 2015

Noble Friends,

I loved WoW and it was wonderful to share that adventure with so many of
you, but it is good to be back in my scriptorium and sending you these
bits of history.

On this date in 1216, "Bad" King John of Magna Carta fame died of
dysentery while campaigning against his rebellious barons. Although
ruling about 17 years, John is generally accounted a failure by most
historians. He certainly wasn't a nice guy--his word was about as
reliable as a weather forecast.

John was so bad that his Barons invited Prince Louis of France to rule
instead, and the French prince set himself up as an anti-king in
England, collected taxes and ran much of the country for over a year.
(He doesn't appear in any lists of English kings, though he probably
deserves to be there, but he was, well, you know . . . French!)

You can read about King John in a rather extensive Wikipedia article at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_King_of_England .

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, That Crazy Scot