[MR] A word about fires and firebowls

Lady Rhiannon of Berra ladyrhi at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:04:03 PDT 2009

As we all love to camp and have bardics I think it's time for a reminder
about fire safety.

This past weekend at Sapphire someone had a fire in a firebowl.  As they
packed up to leave, they dumped the fire bowl on the ground.  The still
smouldering fire was in contact with dried straw from the mowing that had
happened several days prior to the event.  The fire took hold and by the
time it was found by the autocrat, the smouldering had turned to smoking.
Thankfully I had some water with me and I was able to borrow some more water
to put it out completely.  I am very glad that I decided to take a few more
trips around site.

Please pay heed that during the summer months, things are dry and we need to
pay special attention to our fires especially when we're all packing up and
leaving site once the vent is over.  Just because you used a firebowl
doesn't mean the ashes you dump on the ground can't ignite.

When dumping your bowls, remember to add water, swish and add more water.
Do not leave the ashes until they're all water soaked.  I know that the
autocrat and the site will be forever grateful.

--
Lady Rhiannon of Berra, CP
MKA Gina L. MacNeill

Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me
as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward
chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large
numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the
online community.