[MR] Pennsic Heralds Point Volunteer Call

scribe0002 at aol.com scribe0002 at aol.com
Wed May 20 05:17:43 PDT 2009

Sent on by request of the Point Coordinator
~gise

Greetings all!

As we head into summer and folks are beginning to set their sights on

scheduling for Pennsic, I am writing to look for volunteers to come

work at Heralds' Point this year.  While we obviously need heraldic

help, we also have a number of tasks for those without any heraldic

knowledge!

Not a heraldry person? Not a big book heraldry person?  Want to help

anyway?  We need volunteers to greet people as they come in and help

organize the waiting line.  And we need more volunteers to help check

folks out after they've finished their submissions.  (If you’re not a

warranted herald, you’ll need to be a warranted exchequer to do that

job, though.)  And we almost _always_ have coloring that needs to be

finished (even at 11 at night!).

We also need artists.  If you don't have much training in the heraldic

style, we are happy to give pointers.  Or you can just start off by

inking other artists' pencil drawings.

For heralds… please check your kingdom heraldic list or e-mail me

directly for more information about what types of heraldic volunteers

we need.

If you're interested in helping out, please stop by.  We'll have a

sign up sheet where you can sign up for blocks of time that are

convenient to your schedule.  Or, if you find yourself with free time

you weren't expecting, you can just stop by and see=2
0if we need help at

the moment.

Heralds Point opens the first Wednesday of War and is open every day

until the last Friday.  There will be people doing set up and

organization in the tent during the day on both Monday and Tuesday of

the first week.  Feel free to stop by, introduce yourself, get to know

us, and ask any questions you have about working there.

By the way... we've MOVED this year.  You'll need to look for us

across from the bathhouse near the barn instead of over near the A&S

tents.

I hope you'll consider volunteering with us at War this year.  I look

forward to seeing you there!

Ailis Linne

Heralds Point Coordinator, Pennsic 38
AilisLinne AT aeheralds DOT net