[MR] Southern Atlantia Archery Day is this weekend!

Svana Haraldsdottir svana at triad.rr.com
Mon May 11 20:41:55 PDT 2009

Southern Atlantia Archery Day is this weekend!
May 15, 16, and 17

See http://www.croisbrigte.org/SAAD3 for details.

A cold wind blows from the North. On that wind ride the long-ships in
full sail. The NORSE! They are set on the pillage & plunder of our
homelands.

Hide your women, your goods and your livestock. Break out your bows and
steel, and join the Canton of Crois Brigte in the Barony of Sacred
Stone, as we try to stop the Norse invasion.

Your skill in archery as well as spear and axe throwing will be
challenged. Persons of all skill levels are invited to participate.

Awards in a variety of different categories will be given. There will be
a Friday night shoot as well as a special bonus shoot available on
Saturday for those willing to try.

There will be a Silent Auction at this event that will benefit the
Sacred Stone Baronial Encampment at Pennsic.  So bring those beloved
items that you no longer play with... Allow us to battle silently over
your neglected treasures!  We'll have a lot of fun, and raise funds for
the Baronial Encampment at the same time.

Roanwoulfe Tavern has once again agreed to be on site for those wishing
to purchase their always fine sustenance. We've heard tasty rumors of a
limited run dinner special on Saturday night, so check with the tavern
and reserve a dinner plate while you're indulging in one of their
awesome ham sandwiches...

To get to Southern Atlantia Archery Day, make your way to the scenic
Elchenburg Castle in Boonville, North Carolina, at 2239 Center Road,
Booneville, NC 27011. Free camping on site with your registration. Wet
site. Hot showers and flush toilets. Hotels near-by.

Schedule:
Friday
5:00 PM - Site opens

9:00 PM - Night shoot - Our scouts tell us that the Norsemen are
planning a night raid on our Elchenburg stronghold... Join us under the
stars to fend off the raiders!

Saturday
8:30 AM - Class - "Archery Marshal" by THL Lorelei Greenleaf [Bow
Inspections Area] - Learn the basics of Archery Marshaling, and get
hands-on experience inspecting equipment to be used on the range. Time:
1 hour

9:00 AM - Bow inspections begin

9:30 AM - Range opens

10:00 AM - Drop off Silent Auction items at the Picnic Shelter

11:30 AM - Class - "Archery Diagnostics for Improved Accuracy" by Baron
Colum Maxwell [Picnic Shelter Area] - General elements of form for
archers and personalized form diagnosis. Time: 1 hour

12:30 PM - Class - "Combat Archery Marshal" by Baron Achbar Ibn Ali
[Picnic Shelter Area] - We must have marshals before we can field combat
archers in Sacred Stone. Learn the rules of combat archery marshaling,
equipment, safety, and more. Time: 1 hour

3:00 PM - Range closes - All score cards must be turned in to the MIC

3:30 PM - Shootoffs, if necessary, and optional bonus shooting

4:00 PM - Silent Auction ends - pick up the treasures for which you've
fought bravely, but silently, to win

5:00 PM - Baronial Court and Awards Presentations

Saturday Evening
>From 7:00 PM or so until we give out - Fire Circle - Regale us with
tales, stories, and songs of the day's epic clash with the invaders, or
simply join us for a relaxing evening under the skies of Elchenburg. All
are welcome to join the camaraderie!

Sunday
9:30 AM - Atlatl Battle
12 noon - Site closes