[MR] Mongols, Mayhem, and Murder! - Sat Dec 12 in Winston-Salem NC

Neca Johnson bneca at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:49:59 PDT 2009

On this day in the fall of 1274 on the island of Tsushima (off the coast of Japan), we are about to witness historic events. The Mongols are prepared to invade Japan, and the negotiations and banquet today are an attempt to forestall the invasion.  A wealthy Japanese lord has laid on an amazing day of festivities, highlighted by a feast guaranteed to delight all guests!  In honor of the attendees, the feast will feature courses of Mongol and Chinese cuisine, in addition to Japanese. Unfortunately, these important negotiations are destined to be marred by murder(s) most foul!

But this is more than a stage play, and you dear friends are more than honored guests.  We are counting on you to answer the age old questions “Whodunit?” and “why”?  At the end of the afternoon, each guest will be asked to fill out a sheet of paper describing their interpretation of the mystery, and who the culprit(s) is(are).  After evaluating the detectives’ work, the murderer(s) will be hauled off in chains to face the Emperor’s Justice, and the detective who solved the crime most correctly will win a prize.

In addition to the feast, we will have gaming in the morning and court dancing to celebrate the (we hope!) negotiated peace after the meal.

Once again, the canton of Crois Brigte (Winston-Salem NC) will be hosting a "medieval murder mystery".  This is rather different from a typical SCA event:  it is a feast and interactive play/murder mystery.  While there are activities planned before and after, the feast and murder are the focus of the day's activities.  Attendance includes the cost of feast.  For that reason (and the fact that space is limited) you MUST send in a pre-registration to attend.  Thank you for understanding that this is necessary in order to plan and purchase appropriately.

For dietary concerns, please contact the autocrat.  The Mistress of Murder is Baroness Jeanmaire Ilaria Beatrice du Domremy.

Attendance restrictions:  Attendance is limited to the first 80 gentles who pre-register.  So, please plan to register quickly in order to reserve a space!

Cost per SCA member is $12 ($15 for non-members).

Make Checks Payable To: SCA Inc., Canton of Crois Brigte

Autocrat: Baroness Makai (Neca Johnson), 336-992-2585 (NLT 9), 1752 Round Hill Circle, Kernersville, NC 27284. bneca at hotmail.com.

Reservations: Ceridwen of Taylorwood (Judy Thomas), 336- 699-4071 (NLT 9), 1328 Taylor Rd., East Bend NC 27018. ceridwentaylorwood at gmail.com.

We hope to see you there!
Baroness Jeanmaire