[MR] Flyer for TTnT (T&T 14)

Karen Setze brunosharpy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 20:26:23 PDT 2009

TTnT: Troubadours, Tyrants & Thieves
October 23 –25 2009

As England anxiously watches for the return of King Richard the Lionhearted from the Holy Land and the Third Crusade, Prince John schemes to take the throne and Queen Eleanor works to thwart him. The Sheriff of Nottingham, and some church men have reported trouble with bandits in Sherwood Forest. Baroness Martelle von Charlottenburg  marshaled her forces to hold Nottingham Castle for the rightful king. Now she has called for a tournament and feast to celebrate the hunt and harvest.
.
Site:	Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation, Camp Spencer, 1738 Peach Orchard Road, Street Maryland 21154 (the site we used last year).

Fighting: The heavy combat opportunities include a tavern brawl between forces loyal to King Richard and mercenaries recruited by Prince John. An autocrat’s prize for best item or tribute honoring  King Richard, Queen Eleanor, Prince John, or Robin Hood archery tournament will take place in Sherwood Forest. The baronial champions for heavy, rapier, and archery will be chosen.

Arts and Sciences: Contests include best traveler’s pouch, best use of Bright Hills’ colors – black, white and gold – in any medium, an autocrat’s prize for best item or tribute honoring  King Richard, Queen Eleanor, Prince John, or Robin Hood, AND one the sponsor, Chagan Khulan, calls “The Treasures of Sherwood Forest.” She says the reknown of the archers of Bright Hills challenges that of the famed archers of Sherwood Forest and the mighty longbow men of England, only the finest equipment will do! After all, what Mongol wouldn’t appreciate good archery equipment?
      Thus, she challenges the good folk of Atlantia to bring forth their most prized arrows, painted by skilled and deft artisans, to compete for the finest arrow of Bright Hills. The competition is open to all - adult or child - and they may enter as many arrows as they wish. Please make sure the paint is dry. Arrows must be SCA legal and usable. Documentation of your arrow is welcome but not required. Winners will be chosen by popular vote, with one prize for the artists 13 and older, and another for under 13 years.
     There will also be an autocrat’s prize for best item or tribute honoring  King Richard, Queen Eleanor, Prince John, or Robin Hood. The baronial champion artisan and bard will be chosen.
 Plays featuring youth of the barony, and from the Performing Arts Guild Extraordinaire (PAGE) will be offered between courses of the feast. There will be space in the castle solar (feast hall) for bards to congregate, swap stories, share songs and brew mischief, along with a bardic circle after the feast.

Fees
Adult member	$14
Adult nonmember	$17
Child – 6-17	 $7
Child – 0-5	 Free (guest of barony)
No family will pay more site fees than the cost of 2 adults and two children
($42)
Feast	 $6
Children’s feast – if offered 	 $4
Bed (for up to two nights)	$10

Please make checks payable to SCA Inc./ Barony of Bright Hills.

All minors not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian must have a notarized permission to treat form available for display at sign in.

Full refunds will be given if the autocrat receives the request by October 15, 2009. Onsite feast refunds will be available only if we are able to resell your seat(s).

Children’s activities will be available during the day. We hope to hold our traditional Children’s Feast and Halloween Party (held during the adult feast), but are still looking for an adult to host it. We have two volunteers ready to assist. If you’re interested please contact the autocrat (and earn her gratitude and that of the children.)

Merchants are welcome. To reserve space, please contact. the merchant coordinator, Lady Livia di Samuel at abramsonsm at yahoo.com, or (301) 807-5476.

Autocrat and Reservations: Lady Yseulte Trevelyn (Karen Setze), 1629 Riedel Road, Crofton, MD 21114; Telephone: (410) 721-4752, Email: brunosharpy at yahoo.com.

Site Notes: This site is DRY (no alcohol), since it is a Boy Scout Camp. No smoking in any building. Pets are permitted if leashed and cleaned up after.

For those staying the weekend, we have 46 bunk beds (bring your own sheets, blankets and pillows) in six rooms in a heated dorm which also features spacious bathrooms with hot showers, or free camping space. There are fireplaces in the feast hall and covered pavilion (site of the tavern brawl) and there will be a supply of firewood. NO gathering firewood onsite permitted.

Directions – From the West or South: Take your best route to I-95 north of the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) and continue to Exit 80. *Go north on MD 543 (Cresswell Road) toward Churchville, staying in the left lane, for 1.9 miles. Turn right on MD 136 and follow it 12.9 miles through Churchville, crossing Route 22, crossing Route 1, and through Dublin. Turn right on Peach Orchard Road and go 0.2 miles (including around the bend), then turn right into Camp Spencer at the sign.