[MR] Kingdom Event Bids

Debbie Halstead jebbydo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 13:32:18 PDT 2009

Welcome back, everyone!
In the spirit of getting back into the groove of things, I wanted to touch base with folks about the events that we are currently seeking bids for. In order, the upcoming events are:

-October University - I do expect to see a bid within the week, but if you have a wild hair, I do still welcome other bids.

-November Crown will be in Marinus.

-December Unevent (as if there were another Unevent.....) - We have received a bid that seems to be solid...if you still wish to put in a bid this year, let me know as soon as possible. There were several murmurings of interest, but not having heard anything further, I'm assuming the other bids have foundered.

-January - 12th Night - Will be a Venetian Carnivale hosted by Falcon Cree.

-February University - Nary a peep from anyone. The official deadline was July 1. The further in advance we get an acceptable bid, the better able folks will be to plan to teach a class if it's within a reasonable distance of them. 'Nuff said.

-March - KASF - The deadline for this was August 1st. I do realize that is an awkward deadline, being in the middle of Pennsic. Once again, though, I encourage folks to start thinking about hosting. It's not a difficult event to run -- there are a lot of "modules" on the Kingdom level that can sort of be dropped into the overall event plan -- but it does require a good, sizeable site, and those often are reserved well in advance.

-Not yet past but with the deadline bearing down quickly upon us, I also ask you to consider the Tournament of Chivalry.

In short, we're a little behind schedule in getting some of these selected.

As always, I am at your disposal if you have questions, need help, don't know what's needed for an event, don't understand the paperwork, anything. I'm probably easiest to reach by email, but am certainly willing to coordinate via phone, at events, or whatever seems to be the best arrangement.

Debora

 THL Debora Aurifex
Isenfir MOL & Deputy MOAS
Royal Baker