[MR] A Grand Embroidery Competition!

Fletcher Martha mrfletcher21133 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 17:10:29 PDT 2004

Lady Martel is pleased to sponsor an embroidery
competition at the Barony of Bright Hills event
"Theigns and Thralls, A Night in Heorot"
October 29,30,& 31, 2004

http://www.brighthills.net/events/tnt2004.htm

The competition will be the "Best Use of the Bayeux
Tapestry Stitch"

The Rules are-
1) An embroidery piece in which most of it is worked
in laid and couched work. (The Bayeaux Tapestry
Stitch)
2) Other embroidery stitches are allowed.
3) Period materials are encouraged but not required.
4) Works in progress are welcome.
5  There will be two prize catagories, Novice
(embroiderers of 1 year or less and Experienced
(embroiderers of 1 year or more)
6) Documentation that will fit on the front of a 5" X
8" card is required and should include-
ON THE BACK-Name and Home Group.
ON THE FRONT- A. Project Description, Title of Item
              B. Materials List
              C. Bibliography or Photo documentation
if
                 you have it. Photos on the side are
                 fine.
              D. Notes about your project, how did you
make it? What inspired you? What materials did you use
that may have been different than the materials of the
period? What would you do different next time? If this
is an original design what historical piece is the
style based on?

Documentation may be hand written or typed.

I hope to see many entries of fine workmanship!

Your in service to the Arts and just plain making cool
stuff!

Lady Martel von Charlottenburg,
Barony of Bright Hills

=====
Visit my Diary! Yes it's true I have one too!-

http://martel.diaryland.com/index.html

It is perhaps a more fortunate destiny to have a taste for collecting seashells than to be born a millionare-
Robert Lewis Stevenson