[MR] Re: Was Missive for all autocrats, now Event Directions...using Mapquest

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 09:08:27 PDT 2004

atlantia-request at atlantia.sca.org wrote:

>Message: 2
>Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:10:35 -0400
>From: "Christy Dollymore" <karmakris at speakeasy.net>
>Subject: RE: [MR] Missive for all autocrats
>To: "merry rose" <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
>
>Signs SIGNS S I G N S!!!  If the event flyer says-- "Follow SCA signs" ...

All...
Just a small word of warning.  Mapquest can be very dangerous to use.
their directions often are very incorrect.  I asked, once, for
directions to a church in Annapolis, MD for my cousin's funeral.  The
provided directions from Mapquest sent me to a location that was a
private home!  No church in sight anywhere!  It was actually about a
half mile away!  We asked for directions to Coronation last Spring, and
got sent around the VERY long way, down two-lane country roads to a
location that was about 10 miles from the site!  It was only by looking
at a map and coordinating that with the directions in the event flyer
that we were able to find the event!!!  So just be VERY careful!!

Kiri

Minowara Kiritsubo no Ason
Barony of Dun Carraig