[MR] Pre-Reg Event Thoughts.

Lucinda Welenc lwelenc at cablespeed.com
Tue Sep 28 12:10:13 PDT 2004

Britni Newton wrote:

> I do agree though, that people SHOULD be able to pre-reserve, and just ask
> for a refund if they cannot attend.

Been there, done that, lost about $40.  We preregistered for some
Kingdom level event and found out at the last minute (Friday afternoon)
that we couldn't go (one of our teenagers had done something heinous and
required grounding).  I contacted the autocrat by both telephone and
letter, but was told "Oh, no, you had to give us TWO WEEKS notice. (!) I
guess you'll just have to write it off as a donation to the kingdom."
Considering that at the time my monthly SCA budget was $20, I was
especially incensed at that last comment.

Needless to say, unless I want to be sure to get onboard, I no longer
preregister.

Is there anything in any of the governing documents so dear to the
hearts of bureaucrats that regulates refunds?

--
Alanna