[MR] Pre-Reg Event Thoughts.

Britni Newton newtonb69 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 22:15:14 PDT 2004

I agree quite heartily with Sveva that looking for ways to bend the rules or
squeak around them, would be a really good way of ticking off and alienating
the site which sounds dreamy.  If that is their policy, it is the honorable
thing to respect that policy.

That being said, their policy is not to have money charged as an access to
the site *on site*.   Is there anyone who lives close to this site?  Is it
thirty minutes out in the boonies or in a nice downtown area?   IF there is
someone who lives close to the site, perhaps you can set up troll at their
house, to take daily reservations for drop in people.

That way, money isn't being taken in at the site, and yet we maintain the
flexibility to help the less than monetarily or scheduled fortunate.  I
NEVER know, two weeks in advance if I'm able to attend events, because my
work schedule doesn't come in before then.

If they aren't able to pre-reserve, then they have that lovely inconvenience
of making a stop to pick up their site token on the way to the event.

I do agree though, that people SHOULD be able to pre-reserve, and just ask
for a refund if they cannot attend.  It just may take a little while to flap
off the ground.  Is the site fee large enough that a lack of enthusiastic
pre-reg would sink the event?  And also, it would probably be a GOOD
experiment to run with a larger event that is guaranteed high attendance.
Crown, Crown Tourney, Universities, etc.

My two lira
L.Livia

Livia la Zanna, Spirit of the Mountain
"I only put my talent into my works.  I put my genius into my life."   -
Oscar Wilde