[MR] Opinions about a possible PREREG ONLY event

koldune koldune at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 06:20:59 PDT 2004

I have what might be a few impertinent questions, considering that no
one else has seemed prone to ask them yet.

1. What is this site, category wise? (I'm not really concerned right
now about the physical location.)

2. Who are the owners or administrators? (Again, category-wise. Names
don't seem crucial right now.)

3. Why are they so restrictive about charging an entry fee or about
what can be sold on their property?

Admittedly, the owners have the right, probably legally enforcable,  to
make a choice like that about their property on their own whim, whether
anyone else agrees or not. If I were the autocrat, it might help me
decide whether I thought a preregistration-only event was worthwhile if
I knew more about exactly what we were accommodating. If this is some
kind of religious retreat site, for example, and those who maintain it
choose to hold certain views about money and its use, that would be one
thing. If the owners, though---even ones positive to us--have been
burned by users so often that they don't trust anyone not to mess up
their property or their reputation, that's another situation entirely.
Either one of these examples, too, could have positive or negative
points, depending on who you ask. What's the history here, and could
that history be a problem all its own?

YIS,
Darri Kveldulfsson

=====
The strongest spell is the one you cast yourself.

Per chevron erminois and argent, a chevron azure and in base a serpent nowed gules