[MR] Opinions about a possible PREREG ONLY event

Mary MacGregor brightfox1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 14:21:21 PDT 2004

I cetainly have no problem with pre-registering for an event, whatever level it may be....but unfortunately my mundane job (construction worker) has weird scheduling and makes for difficulties in pre-registering. If there was some way to do last minute registrations (ie: the day before) I don't see a problem.
Just my 2 cents...
THLady Muriele of Aberdeen
Chronicler, Barony of Hawkwood
Quartermaster, Sea Stalker
Corsairium Fleet

Gorm of Berra <gormofberra at gmail.com> wrote:
So there's this site near me that seems, to me, to be a potentially
marvelous site for a significant event. It's got tons of space, a
kitchen to die for, meeting rooms, pretty much everything you could
want.

Even better still, the administrator of the site is SCA-positive, so
we could almost certainly use it once jumping through some hoops.

There is one problem though, the site has an *absolute* rule that No
Money can be charged on site for access to the site. We can not allow
"Walk-up" payments. We might be allowed to have merchants, but they
would probably be *heavily* controlled in regards to what they could
sell.

We could do a Pre-registration only event, but that makes me wonder a
few things:

1. Would people be open to the concept of a Pre-Registration only
event? Obviously this would be made abundantly clear in the promotion
for the event

2. Would it matter if the event was local or Kingdom level or even a
Major Kingdom Level (like Crown or Coronation)?

Please let me know your opinons.

Thank you,

Gorm of Berra