[MR] Acorn delays

ldygisele at earthlink.net ldygisele at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 07:45:12 PST 2004

From: Dave Montuori <damont at wolfstar.com>

One potentially useful question: Have people noticed delivery delays
getting worse over time (by which I'm talking several years)?
Evan

I can answer this one plus the perception that DC is the problem as I have moved from NC to DC in the past year.  The delays are only 1-2 days worse in the DC area (Alexandria, VA specifically) than they were in Chapel Hill, NC.  I have been getting mine on the 15th or later every month (the 17th this month) for the past 3 years or so and was originally told this was because I chose not to pay extra for first class.  I am heartened in that sad "at least we're all in the same boat" kind of way to hear others have delays, even those paying for first class.

When I first joined around 8 years ago, they were only 3-4 days late.  So, yes, not only getting worse over the years, but often damaged as well.  That, clearly, has nothing to do with our group since a lot of my mail, not just the Acorn, comes marked or damaged.

Regards,
Gisele