[MR] Acorn delays

Jennifer Drury welshwmn3 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 05:48:50 PST 2004

>From: Dave Montuori <damont at wolfstar.com>

>[much snippage]
>One potentially useful question: Have people noticed delivery delays
>getting worse over time (by which I'm talking several years)?
>
>Evan

I've stayed out of this due to not having anything of substance to add, but
I thought I would answer this question.

Since 9/11/2001, up til about 6 months ago or so, when I'd get my Acorn at
all, it would always be opened.  (In the past 6 months when we receive the
Acorn at all, it's not opened anymore.)  I confronted the local mail people
and postmaster about it, to recieve the excuse that since they were using
the quick open tabs on the Acorn, it's easy to get opened in transit.

Except that, there were times the tabs were put on 'wrong', with the
perforations verticle rather than horizontal, and the Acorns were still
open, and it was OBVIOUS that a finger had been used to open it.  And all
our renewal notices from SCA, Inc came steamed open.  *shrugs*  I figured
the local USPS was watching us for "terrorist activities" (ya never know
what those wacky people might do, especially since we've complained about
service 3 times to the regional postmaster about them 'loosing' our mail).

I get my Acorn about 3/4 of the time now (since approximately June).  It is
ALWAYS 'late' (the 15th of the month being early).  I'm just happy I GET it
at all when I do.  And I know my lack of Acorn has absolutely nothing to do
with Lady Cassandra, who's doing a bang up job with getting it out every
month.

Oh, I live about 50 miles from the Chronicler, so it's not just the area
around DC that's getting these problems.

In Service,
Bronwen of Hindscroft
House LionSlayer