[MR] Re: Acorn & Internet

Logan logan at ebonwoulfe.com
Fri Dec 17 08:26:38 PST 2004

i scan through the acorn when it comes to see what events are coming up in
the months ahead.  those that interest me get me to flip to the flyer to
read more details.  those that do not have fliers get me to do a five minute
online search of the hosting groups site to see if they have any info
available.  any questions i have prompt me to drop an email off to the
autocrat of the event (or the marshal, the reservationists, whomever it
applies to).

the paper copy is great for taking in the car for the directions and all the
contact info i might need.  hosting groups have contact info, as well as
contact info for local people on my entire trip.  its nice to be able to
call someone when you lose a tire in rural virginia on a friday night to
find out where a local tire shop is, or an alternate hotel choice if you
find the one your reserved to be unacceptable.  its also good to give to
people that are new or new to the area as a quick resource of events.

but for the best and most accurate amount of useful information i use
everything that is provided to me by those that work for me.

regards
logan

www.ebonwoulfe.com

Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.