[MR] Acorn & Internet

mok2 at att.net mok2 at att.net
Fri Dec 17 08:19:43 PST 2004

I think I have to aggree with Alisoun on this but in a reverse sense. I had a conversation with my local postmaster yesterday evening, curious to know if there was a problem at my end (I pay for first class delivery) with receiving the Acorn. Because of its current structure the Acorn is considered to be a magazine, not a letter. First Class, if not marked on the stamp strip, it gets treated as Bulk Rate and delivered as such. I did not see this making on my Acorn this month. This may be the problem in my case. He did confirm that Bulk mailing companies have had considerably more problems this fall due to new constrains placed upon them by the Postmaster General's office, and added security and procedures in the Washington Postal Control Region (an area that is larger than you would think,everything north of and including Richmond,Va; East of Martinsburg,WV; and almost all of Maryland is inside of it). Scratch it up to security folks.

By the way, I think the Kingdom Cronicler and her staff are doing a wonderful job, and consider this commentary not criticism of their work, but instead, feedback to improve customer satisfaction and service.  plus if I'm not mistaken, she asked for this feedback. Vivat, Milady, and Vivants to your staff!

Manus O'Kean