[MR] Re: Acorn & Internet

Gustav von Silberwald gustavvs at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 06:39:20 PST 2004

This is no way a 'dissing' of those who work hard on getting the Acorn or maintaining the web page. I think (or at least hope) everyone understands it is a hard thankless job and the kingdom appreciates their willingness to perform these necessary duties.

Personally, I was struggling to understand how and why Atlantia handled the monthly newsletter and web page, in comparsion to the East where I lived previously. Especially since the bulk newsletter seem to be coming later and later in the month, at least for me.

While I was living in the Eask Kingdom there I became accustom to using the website for information on events because of ease and reading the mailer for kingdom officer newsletters, etc... Most of the East kingdom has grown to expect the entire event listing to be on-line. Here is the East Kingdom's site: http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-list.html

Personally I see very little benefit in keeping event information off-line until basically the month before the event. I keep reading in this thread the reason is tied to membership numbers (a different can of worms I do NOT want to open).

I think the question that has not been asked is this: How many people actually gather their information about events from either local groups websites, the Merry Rose, or word of mouth verses the Acorn and the kingdom website?

Gustav