[MR] Acorn & Internet

Denise Nelson denisen at ftml.net
Fri Dec 17 07:29:36 PST 2004

Greetings,

I'll second the Herveus's statements.  If you want a change, request it
(nicely!) from the people who can do something.  I've included some
information that should be helpful.

If you'd like to ask the BoD to reconsider

Society Publication Policy:
"B.5.f. Electronic Distribution
The Kingdom Newsletters may not be distributed electronically and are
only made available in printed form."

They typically beg for comments.  You can send them to directors at sca.org
 or mail them to the address found at
http://www.sca.org/members/welcome.html#mso

When writing, be sure to keep the following two points in mind (from the
Governing Documents of the SCA):
"I.C.5.
c. For communications to be considered by the Board, they must be dated
and include
the author’s legal name. A Society name may also be included when
appropriate. A
method of contacting the author (either postal or email address) must be
included.
d. The Board does not accept anonymous communications, and electronic
communications with no identifier of the sender other than an email
address will be
considered anonymous."

If you would like to ask Atlantia's Chronicler to reconsider her Policy:
"6.9.1   The online version of The Acorn (http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org)
is not intended to replace the hard copy version and is provided for the
sake of convenience only. The online version will not be updated until
after the hard copy version has had time to be received by the
subscribers so as to not undermine this valuable benefit of membership."

Send her a message (I'd suggest following the same guidelines as writing
the BoD, but I can't find anything specific):
chronicler at atlantia.sca.org

Above all, BE POLITE!

Lady Helewyse