[MR] December Acorn received today - 15th

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 10:56:48 PST 2004

Greetings,

The Acorn is not useless. Yes it has been arriving late and no that is not the chroniclers fault.

I had a chance to survey my mail system recently. I sent a letter to my mother that took 3 days to get to her. I know this because she called when she got it. She also called when she sent her reply to make sure everything was clear in her reply. Her letter took 12 day to get to me. This was in October. I've had event reports needing signatures take 7 days to get to me. The post office that filters my mail to me doesn't do a great job.

However that aside the Acorn I've been reciving although arriving mid month is still useful to me in keeping and publishing kingdom law, and having a hard copy of it, as well as the letters from the Great Officers. I paid for a first class postage, and I get my Acorn anywhere from the 5th to the 15th of the month. Hardcopies of the Acorn are nessessary for publishing the Great Officers reports and changes to laws.

The events and their listings can be found on line.

If you don't think its useful. Don't elect for an Acorn the next time you re-up your membership.

The chronicler is doing the best she can, as a volunteer, but she cannot change government buracracy or apathy. :) Especially with the Christmas season upon us.

If there are constructive ideas or agencies that would get the Acorn to the populace of Atlantia cheaper and more efficiently I'm sure she'd want to hear about it and bless you for the knowledge.

That's my 2 centiemes worth. And please don't take any of this as a slight or flame. Just my opinion of the moment.

Yours in Service,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand

DMC in DC <xdmcx at yahoo.com> wrote:
Understandable that mail items would be delayed this
holiday month, but my Acorns have been coming the 15th
or later every month since I joined the SCA in July.
It just seems like such a waste to go through all the
trouble of making a product that is going to waste
because it arrives too late for the intent of it.

=====