Officer Reports Online - was: Re: [MR] December Acorn

Rachel/Rozsa qchell at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 10:06:20 PST 2004

Siegfried,

As a seneschale, I completely understand the need for information to flow
quickly and accurately.  Within the Seneschal realm there is an elist that
Dame Anne uses that  all the branch seneschals within the Kingdom are on.
Whenever there is anything that is important or time sensitive she posts a
message to that list so that it is distributed to all the Seneschals
instantaneously.

Very often, in my experience, any major changes of rules, laws, etc. posted
in the Acorn are more for legalities sake than anything.  I know, at least
on the Seneschale side, we have already been told of the change and have
even had ample opportunity to discuss it before we ever see it arrive in our
mailbox.  Of course Dame Anne also now requires that all seneschals have
some sort of email access on a regular basis.

I don't know if the marshal side of the house has any sort of email list or
system set up for getting out important or time sensitive information, but I
do know that the system that Dame Anne uses does seem to work fairly well.
I certainly don't recall any surprises when I have gotten my Acorn regarding
any changes in policies she has made over the last year and a half.

Of course, no one system is ever going to be perfect and have the capability
to reach every single person it needs to reach when it needs to reach them.
But I do know that the officers do try very hard to get information out to
the populace in a timely manner.

Rozsa

http://rozsa.diaryland.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/heraldicdisplay