[MR] Long term Pennsic Merchant thrown out without warning

Andrew Barrett bitwizrd at safe-mail.net
Fri Aug 8 09:25:17 PDT 2003

At 11:23 AM 8/8/2003, Denise Nelson wrote:

>While I am sorry that this had to happen, ignorance is not a good
>defense.  The rules specifically state:

Ignorance certainly is no defence, but such ham-handedness on the part of
the marshall is equally poor policy.

The point of the rules is to ensure a safe Pennsic for all. That goal could
have been just as well served with a quiet word into the ear of the
merchant, and all parties would have been better served. The merchant could
have remained, his customers could have benefited from his wares, there
would be no petition and no hard feelings, and the Marshall could have
gotten the validation he or she apparently so desperately needs.