[MR] Long term Pennsic Merchant thrown out without warning

Denise Nelson denisen at ftml.net
Fri Aug 8 08:23:24 PDT 2003

Greetings to the list!

While I am sorry that this had to happen, ignorance is not a good
defense.  The rules specifically state:

"No martial activities of any kind (including, but not limited to, siege
weapons, boffers, thrown weapons, rapier, archery, armored heavy combat
and/or modern martial arts) shall be permitted outside of the proper,
designated areas."  (http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn32/RULES.html)

The merchanting area is clearly not a designated combat area.  When we
go to any event, we agree to abide by the rules that the autocrat and
his/her staff has laid out, whether they be society rules, site rules,
or anything else.  Getting thrown off site for disobeying the rules is
not unheard of, and is entirely acceptable.

I encourage everyone to read event booklets and flyers fully to make
sure that their activities are permissible.  You are responsible for
this, and the event staff does not *have* to give you any sort of warning.

Lady Alienor de Narbonne