[MR] Dun Carraig Baronial Birthday

Heather Kriebel Heather at Kriebel.com
Sat Sep 14 09:24:33 PDT 2002

> Greetings Atlantia!
> Please take a moment to take a look at our flyer for Dun Carraig's
> Baronial Birthday on November 9th.  We are planning many marshal
> activities as well as A&S activities.  The event is located in Waldorf,
> Maryland, with easy access off route 5 South.
> Hope to see you there!
> Amalia Kunne
> Autocrat

November 9th – Dun Carraig Baronial Birthday
Barony of Dun Carraig, Waldorf, MD

Join Dun Carraig for a festive birthday celebration!  Activities are available
for the pleasure of all friends from far and near!  Choose your pleasure from
those below!
Heavy Weapons:   Heavy fighters, pack your armour, swords, shields, AND YOUR
ENTRY FEE!  A blanket tourney will be held in the lands of Dun Carraig.  Each
fighter must bring a red and/or white item to participate in the tourney.
Please bring new items others may enjoy such as candles, tunics, or mugs;
however, there is no need to drain your pouch on and entry item.  Items may be
homemade or inexpensive.  At the end of the tournament, the winner will have
first choice of the entry items, second place will choose next, etc.  Other
prizes will be awarded for honor and chivalry on the field.
Fencing:  Calling all fencers to our second annual baronial birthday dice
tournament!  Fencers will be paired for a bout, roll one die to determine the
weapon style, and one die to determine the victory condition.  Competitors
will start on opposite sides of a list fence with the option of maneuvering
around it, or fencing over it, as they desire.  Skilled fencers who do well in
this tournament will be rewarded as well as those who promote the honor and
spirit of the SCA.
Archery:  Atlantia has fast developed a reputation for superb archers amongst
the known world!  Bring your bows and practice your skills in a series of
novelty shoots.  The competition will be run as the blanket heavy tournament
described above.  Arrows will be pulled, points will be tallied, and the
winner takes first choice of the spoils. Honorable and courteous archers may
also receive extra gifts.
Champions: The highest ranking barony member each tournament will determine
Dun Carraig’s new baronial champions.
A&S:  Dun Carraig is proud to offer various A&S activities for gentles at our
birthday celebration.  A Baroness’  Novice Display will be available for
artisan participants.  Bring your work of a new craft begun within the last
year and display it for comments and advice from peers and the populace.
Works-in-progress are welcome!  A competition is also offered for items
involving our baronial colors (red and white), seadogs, and/or the
cross-botany.  For those wishing an activity to pass the day, a quest will be
available for mature gentles, as well as a treasure hunt for the youngsters.
Feast:  Mistress Rose of Black Diamond will be preparing a fall feast to tempt
your pallet after a full day of activities!  Stay and relax with fine food and
company.  Drinks will be served with dinner.  Limited to 80 gentles.
Site:  The site is DRY, opening at 9am and closing at 11pm.  Good Samaritan
Presbyterian Church 13025 Good Samaritan Drive, Waldorf, MD 20602
Merchants:  Merchants are welcome, but indoor space is limited - given on a
first reservation received basis.  Small outdoor pavilions are welcome.  Send
in a paid reservation, then contact the autocrat to arrange details.
Fees:  On board Adult Members: $10  Adult Non-members:  $13  Children (ages
6-12): $6
           Day Trip  Adult Members: $5    Adult Non-members:  $8    Children
(ages 6-12):  $3
Reservations:  Edvard Gayer (Ken Buzzard), 21635 Weatherby Lane, Lexington
Park, MD 20653., (301) 737 – 0437 NLT 10pm, email:  feat2k2 at hotmail.com.
Checks can be made to “Barony of Dun Carraig, SCA Inc.”.  Please include a
SASE or an email address if you desire receipt confirmation.  Reservations for
feast will close Thursday, October 31.  On-Board reservations received after
this date will receive feast space at the cook’s discretion.
Autocrat:  Amalia Kunne (Heather Kriebel), 1210 Addison Court, Waldorf, MD
20602, (301) 705-5267 NLT 10pm,  email:  Heather at Kriebel.com
Directions: