[MR] Silver Chalice Tourney

George Condon gwcjr at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 9 12:16:34 PDT 2002

Silver Chalice 15th

15th Tourney of The Silver Chalice

October 25th-27th

Camp York in Kings Mountain State Park

The fall season is the time of harvest.

Come and share in our bounty .The Barony of Hidden Mountain invites all gentles to join us in the most wonderous lands of Camp York. We promise sites as you have never seen, food fit for the Gods, fighting at its finest and prizes of great splendor. Come make your place in the heavens like Hercule's ,fighting, feasting and hunting.

The Site

Camp York, Kings Mountain State Park is the site. It is a lovely wooded area and has cabins with beds and or floor space (no guarantees for a bed for all). There are hot shower bath houses and swimming at your own risk (no lifeguard will be provided). The Site opens on Friday 5 pm and closes on Sunday at 10.00 AM. Pets are welcome , if on leashes at all times. The Site is dry as are all State Parks. Per Park rules, vehicles are not to be driven on un-paved roads. Violators will be removed from the site.

Fighting

There will be fighting: all marshall activates allowed by the Kingdom. The Silver Chalice Tournament (a Double Elimination) is open to any fighter who has never won a tourney before. But we wont leave those already proven in Tourney out, we'll have a Mythic Hero and Beast Tourney . Are you ready for saint hood? A Novice Rapier Tourney is offered for anyone who has never won a rapier tourney. Happy Hunting for the Archers and Thrown weapons with a timed trail hunt with beast galore. An Equestrian trial of horsemanship for those who desire to participate in equestrian activities. Please contact the Equestrian Marshal (Baroness Beatrice Von Staufen) at 20 Leonard St. Warrenville,SC 2985 (803)593-6512.or email her at baroness Beatrice at hotmail.com. If you would like a rental horse please contact Baroness Beatrice, for cost and regulation info prior to sending in site reservations.

A&S

We look forward to all forms of A&S on display , but to win a heroic prize please compete in one of the three categories :1) Mythic hero's in any medium, 2) Brewing, Vintining, and Distillation for the grapes and grains are ripe, 3) any items or garb pertaining to the hunt. Please remember that documentation is a big part of your score on the judging sheet. We also want to say that we are proud to use the new Atlantian judging list to help us find knowledgeable judges for these competitions. Please feel free to, at some time during this event, contact your judges for their insight on their chosen form of A&S.

Childrens Activities and Entertainments

Lady Rachel Agnus of Border Vale Keep has agreed to hold the Childrens activites for us. She promises me it will be a time to remember for the children in a hunt theme. For the non combatants we will have a Rat, rabbit and fox hunt . Find the Plague ridden critters and sell them to the merchants for coinage. (chocolate that is). See signs on site.

Feast

A Herculean feast, based on the 12 labors of Hercules prepared by the our Own Hero, Master Bran Trefonnen . Bran promises us not only his usual tasty banquet, but an inspiration of sight, smell and taste in honor of Hercules's labors. Have you ever wished for ambiance, mood and great taste at an event? Well, we aspire to this Herculean task with zeal.

Cost

The Cost to hunt on their Majesties land will be:

Adults on board on site $20.00 . Adults off board on site are $15.00 as is on board off site. Adults day trip, off board $10.00 . These prices are in advance of the October 15th cut off. Thereafter and at the door Adult on board on site is $23.00 . Adults off board on site $20:00 . Adult daytrip off board $13.00 . Kids 12 and under are half price. Babes in arms are free. YOU MAY TAKE A $3.00 DISCOUNT, on all the above prices ,IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE SCA.

Send Reservations to:

Please send reservations to the co autocrat: Victoria Lovelace (Sithmaith Nic Aoidh) 120 Stephanie Cir. Summerville, S.C. 29483 (843) 871-0085 NLT 9 pm E-mail: sithmaith at hotmail.com

You may contact the Autocrat: Lady Rowen the Shiftless (Christina Waring) at 104 Stephen Court, Summerville, S.C. 29483. (843) 871-6832 or email me at rowencat at yahoo.com

If you are a merchant please contact Lady Cesily De Staffard (Gail Grey) at 15 Brookdale Ave. Greenville, SC 1 (864) 467-1703 or email her at cecily at houseblueheron.com . For the info you need for set up times and the merchant/ hunt games.

Make checks payable to the Barony of Hidden Mountain/SCA inc.

Directions:

Directions from the SOUTH- take your best route to I-85 just north of the SC/NC border. Take exit #2 (Kings Mountain Military Park) Go south (right turn) on 216 through the Military Park to Kings Mountain State Park. Turn right at the sign marked group/organized camps ***At the "y" bear right to camp York. Please strictly obey the posted speed limit signs within the park. They are Serious!

Directions from the NORTH- take your best route to I-85 in North Carolina Just South of Charlotte. Take exit #8 (Kings Mountain Military Park) At the top of the ramp, turn left . When the road comes to a fork, bear right. You will stay on this road for about 7 miles until you see a small field with a split rail fence on the right hand side of the rd. Turn right after the fence into the entrance of Kings Mountain State Park (there is a package goods store on the left side of this "T" intersection). Follow the road through the park to the living history/Organized camp sign and turn left. *****Follow from above.