[MR] With Honor Clear

Ceara ni Neill ceara at HouseBarra.com
Mon Sep 9 12:23:27 PDT 2002

Greetings, all!
This past weekend was a glorious and marvelous Coronation. At the Bardic
Circle I had the honor of listening to a little girl that read her
father's poem. I thought I'd share that here, as it is yet another example
of the great wealth of talent that our kingdom posesses. Milord Alvero
told me that a Crown Tourney gave him the inspiration:

With Honor Clear
by Alvero Diogo

My heart pours out upon this page, to Atlantia so fair
And the one who on this day
With lordly might
Shall earn the right
To the Crown with honor clear

But first the blood will start to flow and the ladies' tears
The clash and crash of weapons right
As many fight
For the right
To the Crown with honor clear

A warrior knows Death's boney grip is always terribly near
And only one shall shine today
Burning bright
With the right
To the Crown with honor clear

So to the one who stands his ground and fights without a fear
I shall serve with reverence and with song
I bow to your might
Your noble right
To the Crown with honor clear

--