[MR] A Grateful King and Kingdom A&S

Arthur Donadio dukecuan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:36:12 PDT 2002

Unto the People of Atlantia does a tired but happy King send greetings on
this 9th Day of September, AS XXXVII:

Good People,

First, let me publicly thank Nikulai, Francesca, Eogain, Ceridwen, Theo,
Logan, Brianna, Falcone, Lucia and Iacopo, Hrothgar, Alaric, Riley,
Elizabeth, Arcturius, Eilis, Kateryn, Michael,James, Rags and Kyna, Vlad,
Alan, Constanzia,all the knights, pelicans and laurels and everyone whose
names I will recall as soon as I hit the send button!  Our Coronation was
everything we could have hoped for and Padraigin and I had a great time.

Second, I have been told that no one has submitted a bid for Kingdom A&S.  I
find this hard to believe.  The first Kingdom A&S was held in Raleigh during
the reign of another Cuan and was a huge hit.  It was a potent statement
that the arts were valuable enough to this Kingdom to have their own day of
appreciation and celebration.  Surely, we Atlantians still wish to give the
arts their due.  Perhaps you just missed the deadline, or thought the bid
had already been awarded?  Now you have a second chance.  Please bid for
Kingdom A&S or we may not have one!

Third, invitations to fight in Crown are being sent to all the members of
the Chivalry and to the unbelted fighters that we would like to see
demonstrate their skill in Crown.  BUT, CROWN IS OPEN TO EVERYONE WHO MEETS
THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN KINGDOM LAW AND CORPORA.  If you do not
receive an invitation, it only means that I compiled the list very late at
night while preparing for a big trial so that I could get the list to M.
Morderyn to draft the invitations.  It does not mean that I would not like
to see you in Crown.  Conversely, if you do get an invite, it does not mean
you are on the short list for a white belt.  Either way, please celebrate
our kingdom and your esteem for the one who inspires you by making the next
king prove his valor and prowess over a large and skillful field of
opponents!  AND, if you decide to honor us by fighting in Crown, please get
your letters in to us and to the Kingdom Seneschal by October 1.

So long for now, and thanks again for a fantastic Coronation,

Cuan