[MR] Sewing machine selection

'bella ldybella at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 25 23:19:53 PDT 2002

own a singer featherweight NO problem geting needles or bobins
and I onw an circa 1860 singer hand cranked machine NO problem
finding stuff
that works with it.. my singer 401, is fabulous.. am using it to
sew a new cover for
my furling jib on Thunder..
just gotta know wher eto get stuf.. andmost of the time it is NOT
hard realy..
'bella
s/v Thunder
trimaris

: aelfwynn of whitby wrote:
:
: >> Getting one used is great, as long as it still works and you
can find needles and bobbins. Some older machines won't accept
modern sized needles and bobbins. <<
:
: That has to be a *really* old machine, then.  My main sewing
machine is
: a treadle Singer, made about 1924.  It takes standard #15
bobbins and
: regular needles, both available anywhere.
:
: It is possible, though, that if you get the equivalent of a
used 'Yugo'
: you might not be able to find parts for it.
:
: --
: Alanna
: Saying of the day: I live in my own little world, but it's OK,
they know
: me here.
:
: Subscriptions: