[MR] Sewing machine selection

kerrimart at mindspring.com kerrimart at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 26 07:15:31 PDT 2002

My suggestion would be to write down the make/ model of the machine you are
considering buying and take the information to your local sew/vac repair shop.
 they will know if the parts are avaiable and/or expensive to get.  We own
some pretty old but extremely reliable machines at the costume shop where I
work and have no trouble getting them fixed.

For recommendations on where to find a good repair guy, call a costume shop or
tailor or alterations service and ask who they use.  People who sew for a
living know where all the good stuff in your area is.

Lady Vitha