[MR] Sewing machine selection

Lucinda Welenc lwelenc at cablespeed.com
Wed Sep 25 18:52:48 PDT 2002

aelfwynn of whitby wrote:

>> Getting one used is great, as long as it still works and you can find needles and bobbins. Some older machines won't accept  modern sized needles and bobbins. <<

That has to be a *really* old machine, then.  My main sewing machine is
a treadle Singer, made about 1924.  It takes standard #15 bobbins and
regular needles, both available anywhere.

It is possible, though, that if you get the equivalent of a used 'Yugo'
you might not be able to find parts for it.

--
Alanna