[MR] A humble bid for info: ISO: A Sewing Machine :)

Chris Goodson cgscoop at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 16 15:04:11 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
Sadly, I've been struggling without my own sewing machine for a considerable
time.--------------

I'm putting this reply out to the whole list in respect to those with
differing opinions.

If you want a VERY simple machine that will do a simple stitch, I would
suggest the sewing genie. Yes, I hear the sniffs of derision ;-). It is that
tiny little machine you see on TV, not the handheld one, but the small
tabletop.

I am primarily a fighter, but I'm starting to like making my own garb. This
thing has done well for me so far.

The lowdown: It's small, runs on wall current or AA batteries. It has one
stitch, straight. It doesn't stitch backward. It takes regular size spindles
of thread and will go through everything I've tried to sew, up to and
including denim.

The best news, it only costs $45 to $50.

The only problem’s I’ve had are that the thread sometimes pops out of the
tension guide. This can be . . . annoying to say the least, but as I sew
more it happens less. The only other drawback is that my wife has a great
time making fun of her big manly fighter husband crouched over the sewing
machine.

Anyone else have one of these. What do you think?

In service,
William of Faleston