[MR] newbie

Ysolt la Bretonne ysolt at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 3 14:06:05 PDT 2002

My Lady,

What a shame you had such an experience at your first event. Please do not
let this deter you if you really want to join in our fun.

Several gentles have suggested volunteering to help. That is a very good way
to begin. Also contacting the local chatelaine/castellan.

Another way to get started is to ask someone about whatever it is they are
making, wearing, doing... We are a hands-on, make it from scratch because
you can't get it at Walmart group. Chances are the amazing <insert object
name> took someone lots of time and research to make. Unless we are in a
hurry, we are glad to talk about it. Maybe even show you how we did it.
Actually you'll likely find out more than you can handle at first :-)

I also recommend to you the University session coming up in Raleigh, NC
Oct.5. University is a day of classes. There is a track of classes about
affordable spiff stuff for newcomers and seasoned members alike. And all
sorts of other stuff too. Web site with catalog is
http://university.atlantia.sca.org  I will be glad to point out to you the
classes you might want most as a newcomer if you wish..

Your obedient servant,
Ysolt

Lady Ysolt la Bretonne, CP, CGD
Chancellor
University of Atlantia

Argent a mouse statant sable between three ermine spots gules