[MR] Dance List for Twelfth Night Ball

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:34:02 PST 2001

Greetings, Fair Atlantia!

It is both my privlidge and my honor to publish herein the dance list for
the Atlantian Grand Ball to be held at Kingdom Twelfth Night!

The evening's festivities will begin after Feast with a special
presentation, and the Grand Ball will follow immediately after the
presentation.  The Ball will commence with a new dance choreographed by
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse to the music of Pavana la Cornetta.  The
Pavanne will be done twice: with the first being the official unveiling in
honor of Galmr and Aryanna, and the second for any Gentles who care to join
in. Following Pavana la Cornetta, the Ball will continue with selections
from the following list of dances:

French:
Bransle Suite (Cassandra / Pinagay / Charlotte) (1589)
Horse's Bransle (1589)
(SCA) Maltese Bransle (1589)
Official's Bransle (1589)
Pease Bransle (1589)
Washerwoman's Bransle (1589)

Italian:
Amoroso (15th Century)
Anello (15th Century)
Ballo del Fiore (1580)
Gelosia (15th Century)
The Pinwheel (1602)
Petit Vriens (15th Century)
Piva (To be explained on the floor)
Rostiboli Gioioso (15th Century)

Inns of Court:
Black Alman (ca. 1570-1675)
Earl of Essex Measure (ca. 1570-1675)
Earl of Salisbury Pavanne (post-period, set to music from 1612)
Lorayne Alman (ca. 1570-1675)
Madam Sosilia's Alman (ca. 1570-1675)

English Country:
All in a Garden Green (1651)
Black Nag (1665)
Boatman (1651)
Chestnut (1651)
Gathering Peascods (1651)
Grimstock (1651)
Hearts Ease (1651)
Jenny Pluck Pears (1651)
Old Mole (1651)
Parson's Farewell (1651)
Picking of Sticks (1651)
Rufty Tufty (1651)
Saint Martin's (1651)
Sellenger's Round (1670)
Whirligig (1651)

Beyond the dances listed above, there will also be several dance
"diversions" offered throughout the evening for the enjoyment of all,
regardless of prior dance experience.  Also, should we exhaust this list
during the evening, requests for specific dances will be entertained!

Alas, site space constraints do not permit us to confirm at this time
whether or not we will have the opportunity to offer dance instruction
earlier that day.  Instructions for most of the dances listed above can be
found by following the appropriate link on the Grand Ball webpage:
http://lacademie.org/twiki/pub/Main/EdvardGayer/grandball.htm.

Questions specifically related to the Grand Ball may be forwarded to myself,
Lord Edvard Gayer.  General information about L'Academie Atlantienne de la
Danse may be found on our website: http://isenfir.org/academie.

Yours,
// Vard //
-----