[Archers] Master of Defense

Cameron deGrey camerondegrey at gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:37:25 PDT 2015

I think 'Cookie Cutter' is harsh though I know you have the best
intentions.

I think comparing the Omnibus (or Valiance) Proposal is more aptly compared
to Laurel. Where the peerage is what (IMO) what it should have been in the
first place. A peerage for ALL martial activities. Which would also include
rattan and rapier.

As a Laurel can be in any Art or Science, so too should one be in the
Valiance Peerage for their respective martial art. Two of those 'cows' have
left the barn, and one left so long ago 'he' forgot 'his' roots. Rattan and
rapier are not, and should not (IMO), be asked to 'return to a fold'.
Whether it is by ego, history, or reality, this will likely never happen.
Much love and respect to both, they have their place proper with all rights
and respect. DO NOT read disrespect where none exists.

I say this only in hopes to garner support and respect for the effort being
put forth. I know we in the archery community have been spit on for
decades, and many of you stopped caring or trying for various reasons.
Further, that asking some of you to care one more time. I know this can
also be exposing some of you to further pain and disappointment. I
understand that. I further believe that we as archers, understanding the
trial and tribulations with getting deserved* honor, should not leave our
brothers and sisters in other martial activities behind. If we are the
people of honor we aspire to be, we should, and can elevate the rest of the
populace with us!

But we have a chance here. A chance to fix something that has been wrong
for a VERY long time. There is momentum. The oppositions arguments are weak
at best.

If you need ammo for your arguments, come to me and I will happily share
the what Ive heard, and the responses Ive used to debunk them. Or visit the
group on FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/638147782978374/

Understand this: This remaining martial rabble we are discussing, are the
last of the known world to be given access to this great honor and
responsibility. In EVERY other endeavor there is a path to peerage. ALL of
us know someone who has PLQs. We can ALL name at LEAST one without
hesitation. And despite being disrespected by our Society in this regard,
continue their good works. Because they ARE peers. Not because they chase
the title or any other reason.

I will respectfully disagree with you if my words offend. I am always open
to respectful disagreement.

I ask you take your time, look at the proposal, and (IMO) do the right
thing. Support this proposal not for yourself, but for our Society.

http://endlesshills.net/valianceproposal.pdf

YIS respectfully,
Lord Cameron de Grey
Or, on a bend purpure between a wheel of cheese and a squirrel sable, three
pheons palewise Or