[Archers] Incident at Stierbach Baronial Birthday

Cameron deGrey camerondegrey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:27:56 PDT 2015

All,

To further the point. With all the politics, ego, cheating, and generally
mean people that can exist, and do, all this and more is what drove me away
decades ago. I finally found my way back. I tell you honestly that if it
weren't for this archery community, I may not have stayed.
It is true that emotionally I had moved beyond that (internalizing it), but
that doesnt mean I tolerate it either. If it still existed in a big way, I
wouldve found other people to play with (outside the SCA). This ties into
many other areas, peerages, authority, crowns, and even the omnibus
proposal. What I found in this community is a group of people who dont care
who, or what you do. As long as you show up, are passionate, and have
fun... these are the only requirements Ive ever seen, and tried to meet.

So when Jay expressed what he did, in my mind, it is in support of the
dream that many have forgotten. A dream that is alive an well in the
archery community of Atlantia like Ive never seen anywhere else. I fully
support the sentiment, if not the enforcement.

If you need to cheat, gain ranks, or have authority over others, you are
doing it for the wrong reasons. I hope we find you and help correct your
ways, or weed you out with prejudice.

Keep it fun. It's a simple request and requirement. We are all examples, we
are all the dream.

YIS respectfully,
Lord Cameron de Grey
Or, on a bend purpure between a wheel of cheese and a squirrel sable, three
pheons palewise Or