[Archers] St. Sebastian's shoot V

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 21:27:40 PDT 2015

Good evening my Brothers and Sisters of the Bow, in case you have not seen
the reports on this year's shoot I just wanted to take a minute and thank
everyone for all of your hard work! This was our 5th consecutive year
hosting and running the shoot at Pennsic now. We have 16 target stations and
hosted over 275 archers. It was a great day and we heard nothing but great
comments. There were helping marshal "thank you" awards, prize arrows made
by me, prize award scrolls made by my Lovely wife Lady Aemilia Rosa and my
friend Lord Geffrei that were outstanding! A new bow donated by Elkridge
archery and 8 gift certificates also donated by Atlantian's.

Over 45,000 arrows were loosed during the day. We had 31 helping marshals
and volunteers.

This shoot could never happen without all of the help and contributions that
are made by you, the archers and marshals of Atlantia! People who could not
even make Pennsic this year still contributed targets, prizes and help
wherever they could. When the Pennsic staff would only provide one gallon of
water for the entire archery range for the day, our Baron and Baroness of
Bright Hills took my truck and gathered all of the water coolers and filled
them themselves in their own camp and brought them back. I am overwhelmed by
the commitment our archery community shows each year.

We have already been asked to host next year's shoot, but I must be honest
with you here. Attendance was a bit light this year for setup, as there were
only 8-10 of us. Also during the shoot most of the marshal's got to shoot
first with the understanding that when they finished they would come back to
relieve the many marshals who were working already. This didn't happen for
the majority of those marshals and many had to stay on the line all day
long.

My wish is not to continue this shoot if we are not getting the level of
support and participation it requires. I know the timing is not the best
being the first weekend of war week and I understand it is everyone's
vacation as well, it is my too. But, we cannot conduct this shoot without a
full complement of help to do so. I will be feeling out the community over
the winter to see if we have an enthusiastic group that still wants to
conduct this shoot or not? If not I will pull the plug on the shoot because
I refuse to run the same 15 or so people into the ground year after year.

So I would ask, if you have not helped in a while, or ever, think about
being part of something huge and a mainstay of Pennsic. We can't do it
without you and it has really showcased Atlantia and what the Atlantia
archery program has become.

Thank you all again for all you did!

In Service,

Janyn Fletcher, DEM TA Atlantia