[Archers] Important Info regarding Kingdom Curia/Royal Archer Tournament

Charles Sprouse sprousecp at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 14:28:09 PDT 2013

Greetings all,
     As most of you already are aware, there is a Curia being held by their Majesties at this weekend's upcoming Royal Archer Event.  I just wanted to make people aware of the way the scheduling between the two will work so that all can be prepared.  The Curia is scheduled to be held in the Hall from 0930-1030.  The morning half of the archery tournament will start at 1000 and run until roughly 1200-1230.  Yes, there is a half hour overlap in the times.  This is to ensure that there is not a major time crunch for getting everything completed.  Anyone who is in Curia WILL be able to complete the morning half of the shoot without leaving Curia early.  This portion of the shoot is a shotgun-style start, so by allowing all archers that are NOT going to be in Curia to start at 1000, it will help prevent a big bottleneck when those IN Curia come out to shoot, and they will be able to catch up quite easily.

    For those who are attending the event primarily for Curia:  Once Curia is over, you are more than welcome to come out and enjoy watching the Archery tournament, I would HIGHLY recommend at least watching the finals portion in the afternoon as it is one of the few times archery truly becomes a spectator sport.  However, we will also be having period-style games and things available for play and such in the Hall for those who don't wish to hang out outside all day.

    The biggest point I want to make regarding this event is that parking at this site can be a bit of an issue, especially with the added attendance a Curia can bring, so it is requested and HIGHLY recommended that as many people as can do so find a way to carpool to the event site to reduce the # of cars.  For example, I know of several people who are driving separately and meeting in La Plata, MD (which is the main town you pass through 10-15 minutes away) and carpooling the last few miles.  There is a contigency plan in place should the parking area completely fill there is an elementary school just 3/4 of a mile or so down on the same road as the site where we got permission to park at and we have a van that can convoy people to/fro event site should you need to park there.  As long as a good amount of people come toghether, which often happens for archery events anyway, this shouldn't evn be necessary.

    Can't wait to see you all this weekend for a great day and a wonderful shoot.

In Service,
Lord Karl von Königsberg
Atlantian Royal Archer
Event Autocrat