[Archers] Ransom the Cure shoot info for Royal Archer Tournament

Charles Sprouse sprousecp at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 13:51:38 PDT 2013

Hello all,

     When their Majesties were first stepping up, they posted the challenge to all autocrats that any event that was Royal progress to hold a Ransom the Cure heavy tournament on the side to raise money for this great charity.  Being that the Royal Archer Tournament is being held at a site where there is simply no room for heavy activities in addition to the archery, that was not possible.  However, not wanting the archery community to fall short of the challenge, we have devised our own Ransom the Cure activity to be held at this event.  It will be modeled after the ever-popular Turkey shoot held annualy at Holiday Faire for those that are familiar with it.  In a nutshell, each arrow/bolt will cost $1.  Archers can purchase their own shots, or those watching can purchase shots for a given archer, just as in the Ransom heavy tourneys.  We will be shooting at a stuffed pig at unknown (by which I mean long) distance.  The first person to hit the
 pig will win a real-life ham that they can take home and enjoy.  :)

    As such, I wanted to get the word out ahead of time so that anyone interested in participating/sponsoring/watching can be sure to bring cash with them, preferably in small denomintions.  If everyone brings tens and twenties and want to buy 4 arrows, change is going to quickly become an issue.  Please come show your support for their Majesties efforts for an amazing cause.  The shoot will be held immediately following the finals tournament while final preparations for Court are being made.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions.

In Service,
Lord Karl von Königsberg
Atlantian Royal Archer
Event Autocrat