[Archers] More on PVC Bows

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Tue Oct 9 10:06:24 PDT 2012

> However, a new bowyer is another matter. How do we judge his or her
> experience? How many bows have they built? How long have their bows been
> in use? Have any failed? Is this a new bow, or one that has had say 100
> shots from it (that's roughly four royal rounds, barely broken in)?

But that's no different than a wooden bow.  Is this someone's first
wooden bow?  Or first attempt at a laminated bow?

Or is this even the case of "Archer X drawing selfbow Y for the first
time, and bow Y was tested at a 22" draw length, and Archer X draws at a
30" draw length ... and ... BOOM"

I've seen those on the range, and I've seen them fail AMAZINGLY
catastrophically, with chunks flying.

And we have similarly no way to really inspect a '1st time bowyers' bow
any differently, as it will look perfectly the same as an experienced hand.

Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia