[Archers] More on PVC Bows

Brian Boothroyd brian at sayjayproductions.com
Mon Oct 8 12:51:56 PDT 2012

Lord Mungo, and others,

I have been researching these bows for sometime now, and would like to
offer a valuable resource to the group.

A gentleman named "Nick" (Nicholas Ikaika Tomihama) (who is both a
traditional bowyer and a PVD Bowyer, and written books on each) has a
wonderful YouTube Chanel dedicated to the design, building, and testing
  of PVC bows.  He explains and demonstrates how and why a bow will fail,
and in some cases how a "broken" bow may be safely repaired.  He shows
this through destructive testing of almost all the bows he makes.  He
also shows destructive tests of PVC vs. wood bows of similar build.

While I have not contacted him personally, I have been watching his video
series for some time now.  He welcomes questions and comments on his bows
and may likely give you a video response to any question presented to him.

You can find him on YouTube at:

  http://www.youtube.com/user/BackyardBowyer/videos?view=0

As well as on FaceBook at:

https://www.facebook.com/BackyardBowyer

And his books are available from Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Nicholas-Tomihama/e/B004Q2LJLM/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_10?qid=1333277770&sr=8-10

I hope this information will help some of you in acquiring more information
on these PVC bows.

Yours in service,
Lord William of Scarborough