[Archers] Archery bottlenecks

Jonathas Jonathas at RedFoxDen.org
Mon Mar 26 08:43:07 PDT 2012

Jeeze Cog, you had to make it into Crossbow vs Handbow thang didn't ya!  ;)

Seriously though, Cog does have a point.  I had the "joy" of shooting with
not one of this style crossbow archer a few years back in the Pennsic
Master's Tourney, it was even driving their team mates crazy.

One solution I've seen used a few places is to set a maximum time limit on
*ALL* stations.  Just set that time limit high enough that for your typical
archer there is plenty of time to shoot the required number of arrows,
something like 15~20 seconds per arrow, so a six arrow station would have
about 2 minutes to shoot.  Plenty of time if you keep moving but not enough
time if you want to over analyze every shot, and no where close to a
"speed/timed" shoot.

Jonathas