[Archers] archery loaner gear and equipment program - a thought

Sally Dodson nichola_blackwell at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 18:01:53 PDT 2012

As someone that sports a scar from 5 stitches in my hand from having a freaky weird accident of a bow breaking in my hand and I still after 2 years occassionally have pain in my hand too my opinion is that we need to make sure these bows are safe AND reliable before letting newbies or anyone at all use them.
My question would be if there was any way in on the range to determine of the PVC is stressed and ready to break and if there is, would a marshal be able to determine if it is painted too?

I would hate to see anyone injured out on the range by one of these bows or see a newbie's enthuiasm crushed because of it.

Regards-
Nichola