[Archers] archery loaner gear and equipment program - a thought

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Apr 24 10:15:38 PDT 2012

Lord Christophe,

Our only reason for rejecting them should be safety, since they
otherwise meet our rather relaxed requirements for form and function. As
these aren't factory-made bows with (hopefully) consistent quality
control, I think we must have senior marshals carefully evaluate every
one on a case-by-case basis, each time they are presented. The skill of
the bowyer is going to have a lot to do with how safe they are.  What
you say about PVC pipe is a red flag, and an unpainted, or unwrapped bow
will need even greater scrutiny. A bow that passes inspection when new
might not be safe in a few months.

We probably will only be able to make a blanket rule about them when we
have some experience with their reliability, or lack there of. We could
learn a lot if we built a couple and put them to use.

Yours Aye,

Mungo