[Archers] awards

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 06:18:17 PDT 2012

Good morning,friends of the bow.

We've often said that we don't get noticed since we are "on the back 40".  It's the nature of archery, that we need to be clear of everyone else.  This does not preclude getting noticed.  I've mentioned it before, that it's only up to US to bring the fun of archery to the notice of all Atlantia.  I will remind each of you to do the following:

Promote your shoot.  If there is archery at the event, make sure everyone knows it.  Use  your local list, use this list, use the Announcement list and the Merry Rose.  (Did you all know there is archery at Coronation this weekend?)
Chat with the Autocrat ahead of time and get a spot in court to talk about archery, how many people showed up to shoot, what went on, how many youth, who won the prizes.  Talk it up.
If you're teaching a class, holding and  archery related A&S competition, or ANYthing else archery related, talk it up, make sure it's out there. (I'm guilty of not doing this for this past weekend's kids archery class that I taught.)
Write archery related articles in the local news letters (I'm guilty of having written several and never submitted them.)  Write articles for the Kingdom publications.
Sing an archery related song at Bardic competitions.
Teach at University (tons of archery related topics available)
Put your fellow archers and archery supporters in for award recommendations at the Baronial and Kingdom levels.
Offer to run archery at an event that doesn't usually have archery.
Get more local practices started.  (Yes, this takes time and effort, but has great rewards.)
Don't settle for "the way things are", MAKE the changes happen that you want to see happen, and above everything else, be a GOOD example of a noble archer.  No whining, no complain, only courteous action.

Lorelei Greenleafe

(Off to do some award recommendations.)